Beginning today, on this first Sunday of the new year, I have decided to launch a new feature, Sunday’s Small, Good Things. This feature, with the name a nod to Raymond Carver, will be the things that have been good in my life this week. All to often I find myself mired in my mess, forgetting to take stock of the good things that are going on in my life. I invite all of you to participate and link back to the blog. I would love to see your list of small, good things.
- Candlelit showers. Seriously, this might be my saving grace this winter. Since adopting this practice this week, I have noticed a serious change in my mood. I have been using a “Balsam and Pine” candle from Yankee Candle. This combined with my body wash (see below) makes me feel like I am showering in the middle of the forest.
- Grass shower gel from Lush. I got this as a Christmas gift from my best friend. I am hooked. I will be buying the large bottle when I am done with what I have now.
- My vintage, but new to me, fuzzy red bathrobe. It looks like I skinned a Muppet and made a fur coat out of it. I really need to take a photo to show you all.
- Organizing and purging. I have done a lot of these activities this weekend and I am far from done. However, I feel so good and energized by what I have accomplished.
- Bob’s Burgers is a new episode tonight. Yay!
So there you have it. The first Sunday’s Small, Good Things. Please feel free to play along!